Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery
University of Minnesota
Contact: Tonya Femal at 612-626-3351 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Research and Education
The mission is of the center is:
- To become a local and national leader in Minimally Invasive Surgery.
- To train future surgeons in cutting edge Minimally Invasive Surgical techniques.
- To facilitate continuing medical education programs in Minimally Invasive Surgery.
- To develop novel Minimally Invasive Surgical techniques via research, device testing, and clinical application.
Services and Programs
CMIS brings together faculty from the University of Minnesota Departments of Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Otorhinolaryngology, and Urologic Surgery to practice and study minimally invasive alternatives to traditional surgery. Minimally invasive surgery usually results in less pain, less scarring, and less recovery time for patients, and significantly reduced costs.
Areas of focus:
- Thoracic and Foregut Surgery
- Obesity Surgery
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Abdominal Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Urologic Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
Technical Support Contact